Just a quick disclaimer, but if you are just about to eat lunch at your work office desk, then you might just want to wait until you’ve eaten before reading this new blog post. You have been warned… if you feel brave enough then read on.
An infographic that we found online from a UK-based cleaning company called Master Cleaners Limited, gives some really insightful information as to how dirty and disgusting your office desk and office furniture actually is.
I imagine you already had an idea that it could be a place that attracted germs, but to this extent? Take a look at the infographic below for some really nasty facts.
The Full Dirty Facts
Pretty nasty eh? Here are some highlights from the infographic which really put things into perspective.
- Keyboards contain 70 percent more bacteria than a toilet seat.
- Office phones host around 25,000 germs per square inch.
- Office desks are more than 400 times dirtier than a toilet seat.
- The area on your desk where your hands rest has around 10,000 bacteria.
Tips on Reducing Germs on Your Office Desk
However, all is not lost, and you can help to mitigate some of the lurking germs with some handy tips from the Master Cleaners company. Try the following:
- Avoid using other people's phones.
- Don't eat at your desk.
- Stay home if you're not feeling well.
- Wash your hands regularly.
White Office Furniture is Easier to Keep Clean
At Kima Office Furniture we recommend white office furniture as this colour is easy to keep clean and you can quickly see any immediate dirty areas. Of course, that doesn’t mean you won’t be germ free, so take the tips above and try to integrate those into your office schedule.